Student ID Card
The Student ID card is issued to all new students at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences/Hogeschool van Amsterdam.
What is a student ID card?
A student ID card is a personal card which serves as proof of identity when attending classes and when using study centres. You will also need it to borrow books, and you can use the credit on your student ID card to pay for beverages purchased from the coffee and tea vending machines and when using printers.
How do I apply for a student ID card?
To receive a student ID card, you will need to upload a passport photo and validate your student ID card:
- Upload your passport photo
To upload your passport photo, go to http://www.mijnhvapas.nl/. You will need your HvA ID to do this (as a future HvA student, you will receive a log-in name and password by email). Use one of the following browsers (from version): Internet Explorer 8, Safari 10, Firefox 11, Opera 11 and Google Chrome 18. You can pick up your student ID card at the Service Desk of your degree programme. You will receive a message from the Service Point when your ID card is ready. If you are starting your programme in September, the card will be sent to the address that you registered. Please note: if you registered an international address you will receive an email to let you know where you can pick up your student ID card
After you receive your card, go as soon as possible –and before 1 October– to a service desk to validate your student ID card. You will need to present your new student ID card plus a valid proof of identity (ID card or passport). You will also need to activate your student ID card so that you can use it to make payments.
Why do I need the student ID card?
You can use your student ID card to:
- confirm your identity when attending classes and when using study centres at all HvA locations. Please note: you need a valid proof of identity (ID card or passport) to confirm your identity for exams.
- pay for printing services
- borrow books from the university library or the university of applied sciences library
- get entrance to certain areas like bicycle parkings
- use lockers in the Benno Premselahuis, Fraijlemaborg, Kohnstammhuis, Muller-Lulofshuis and Theo Thijssenhuis.
- to make payments at the catering locations and at the vending machines selling hot and cold drinks and sweets; at the library information desks (in addition to using a debit card) and at the customer service desks.
How do I top up credit on my student ID Card?
Top-up points AUAS/HvA locations
Benno Premselahuis, Rhijnspoorplein 1, opposite coffee corner
Dr. Meurerhuis, Dr. Meurerlaan 8+10, in entrance area
Fraijlemaborg, Fraijlemaborg 133, on the 1st floor
Kohnstammhuis, Wibautstraat 2-4, near Service Desk
Leeuwenburg, Weesperzijde 190, near restaurant
Muller-Lulofshuis, Wibautstraat 5a, on 2nd floor roof terrace
Nicolaes Tulphuis, Tafelbergweg 51, in entrance area near reception desk
Wibauthuis, Wibautstraat 3B, near the restaurant
How long will the student ID card remain valid?
For as long as you are registered as an HvA student.
Where are the service desks located?
You may validate your new student ID card at any of the HvA service desks. The service desks remain open during holidays and teaching-free periods, though probably with adjusted opening hours. Student ID cards will also be sent to postal addresses specified in Studielink during the holiday period.
What is the difference between the student ID card and the Proof of Enrolment?
The student ID card is not Proof of Enrolment. The proof of Enrolment wll be sent by email to your AUAS email address after you have met all conditions for enrolment and your tuition fees have been paid.
I still have not paid any tuition fees but have already received my student ID card. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct. All students who have enrolled for the 2016-2017 academic year will receive a student ID card. This also applies to all new students who have applied for enrolment in Studielink.
What should I do in the event of loss or theft?
- You can block your student ID card via mijnHvApas.nl and at any of the service desks.
- Apply for a new student ID card from mijnHvApas.nl (payment via iDeal). A new student ID card costs €15 (covering security, production, administration and postage costs).
- Was your card stolen and did you report the theft to the police? Take the police report to one of the service desks to apply for a new student ID card free of charge.
- You will receive an email telling you when you can pick up your new student ID card.
The credit on your old student ID card (if you have not withdrawn it) will automatically be loaded onto your new card.
For questions or more information please contact the HvA Facility Services Service Desk by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 595 1403.