Enrolment and selection procedure
The Master's programme in Digital Design is open for applications until 1 May 2019.
Please refer to the various deadlines for application for non-EU and EU applicants at the bottom of this page. Non-EU applicants have earlier deadlines due to visa and/or residence permit applications that will need to be submitted to the Netherlands Immigration Department.
The Master's programme in Digital Design has a limit of 24 students. Admissions will follow a two-phase process, with an initial screening of the candidates’ applications and documents, followed by interviews (via teleconferencing) of successful applicants.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Please check the Admission requirements.
- Candidates register their application through Studielink (open for registration from 4 October 2018) and receive an automatic confirmation email.
- Every two weeks, the Education Bureau of the Master's programme performs a preliminary check of all registrations. If everything is in order, students receive a second email with further instructions on preparing their application package. Students are also notified if any required documentation is missing.
- Candidates prepare an application package composed of:
- profile document (CV) detailing education and professional experience. The profile document will also highlight all their exams, courses, certifications, masterclasses, etc. pertaining to digital design;
- portfolio presenting five to seven design works, with accompanying explanatory texts;
- a motivation letter detailing the applicant’s decision to apply to the programme. Candidates selected for interview should be prepared to present a concise pitch (three minutes) describing their experience, motivation, and attitude towards design.
- Following the instructions received from the Education Bureau, candidates submit their application package and their proof of language and education level to a dedicated email address.
- Every two weeks applications are screened, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview (via teleconferencing). Interviews are scheduled as soon as possible after the candidate's application has been received. The interviews are held to differentiate between eligible candidates and to identify the 24 best applicants, who will be admitted to the programme. Specific criteria will be communicated in good time.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ON:
- Familiarity with the current theories, literature and debates on digital design practice and research.
- Familiarity with current and upcoming trends in digital technology and design, as well as their socio-economic effects.
- Evidence of design and creative skills, as well as the ability to frame a design problem.
- Evidence of teamwork skills in a design setting.
DEADLINE ENROLMENT 2019-2020
- Deadline enrolment applicants Nepal, Bangladesh or Pakistan February 15, 2019 (deadline to be confirmed)
- Deadline enrolment non-EU applicants: March 1, 2019 (deadline to be confirmed)
- Deadline enrolment EU-applicants: May 1, 2019 (deadline to be confirmed)