Enrolment and selection procedure
It is no longer possible to enrol for the 2017-2018 academic year. The enrolment deadline was 1 May, 2017. Interested in enroling for the next academic year? Join the MDD mailing list.
The Master of Science in Digital Design has a limit of 24 students. Admissions will follow a 2-phase process, with a first screening of the candidates’ applications and documents, followed by interviews (in person or via teleconferencing) of specific applicants.
The application process is as follows:
- Please refer to Admission requirements to check.
- Candidates register their application through Studielink, and receive a confirmation email.
- Candidates prepare an application package composed by:
- profile document (CV) detailing education and professional experience. The profile document will also highlight all the exams, courses, certifications, masterclasses, etc. pertaining to digital design;
- portfolio presenting five to seven design works, with accompanying explanatory texts;
- a motivation letter detailing the applicant’s decision to apply to the program. Candidates selected for interview should be prepared to present a concise pitch (three minutes) describing their experience, motivation and attitude for design.
- Candidates submit their application package following the instructions in the confirmation email.
- Applications are screened, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview (in person or via teleconferencing). The interviews are held to differentiate among eligible candidates and identify the 24 best applicants, which will be admitted to the programme. Specific criteria will be communicated in time.
Candidates will be evaluated on:
- Familiarity with the current theories, literature and debates on digital design practice and research.
- Familiarity with current and upcoming trends in digital technology and design, as well as their socio-economic effects.
- Evidence of design and creative skills, as well as the ability of framing a design problem.
- Evidence of teamwork skills in a design setting.