Disabilities, illness and well-being

A university of applied sciences where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. The AUAS believes it is important that everyone is able to study successfully. If you have a disability like autism or ADHD, or a chronic illness, you may be entitled to additional facilities. The student counsellor will be happy to discuss the options with you.

Contact the student counsellor

Would you like to know what the student counsellor can do for you? For more information, visit the web page about student counsellors. Looking for the student counsellor for your faculty? View the contact information for each faculty here (only accessible to AUAS students).

AVA: Subtitles and translations for the hearing impaired

The AVA translation app for the hearing impaired provides subtitles and translations of the following languages in Dutch, English and German: English, French, Chinese, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Hindi, German and Italian. To request the AVA app, send an email to functiebeperking@hva.nl and ask for an AVA campus licence due to hearing impairment or deafness.

Contacting the student doctor or student psychologist

Would you like to contact a student doctor or student psychologist? Please visit the Health and Welfare page.


Are you an AUAS student with a disability? Limitless is a platform committed to making it easier for you and your fellow students to study at the AUAS with a disability. Did you know that the platform is run by students who also have a disability themselves? They will be happy to tell you what you can expect at the AUAS.

Published by  Student Affairs 29 April 2021