Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences

Examination Board

Sport Studies - track ISMB

Your faculty or degree programme's examination board determines, in an objective manner, whether you meet the requirements of the Teaching and Examination Regulations (Dutch: OER) and the exit qualifications for the degree programme.

Contact the examination board with regard to exemptions, special arrangements related to disabilities, additional examination opportunities and the binding study advice (BSA).

  • To send a request the examination board, use the Official request form examination board Sport Studies.​
  • Send this form to at the latest one week before the scheduled meeting of the examination board (see dates below).
  • Your request will be handled and if it is necessary, the examination board will send you an invitation for a meeting.
  • Requests sent out later than a week prior to a meeting, will be judged based on urgency, but most likely will be handled during the next scheduled meeting.
  • Decisions taken by the examination board will ONLY be sent to your HvA e-mail address.

Scheduled meetings examination board

Time: 15:00 – 16:00 hrs

  • 14-09-2021
  • 21-09-2021
  • 28-09-2021
  • 05-10-2021
  • 12-10-2021
  • 26-10-2021
  • 02-11-2021
  • 09-11-2021

When you want to commence a minor outside Sport Studies - track ISMB you have to send in a request to the examination board before you can sign in.

Minor outside Sport Studies - track ISMB

Do you want to follow a minor in The Netherlands, outside Sport Studies - track ISMB? Please use this form: Request examination board external minor in The Netherlands, outside Sport Studies.

Minor abroad

Do you want to follow a minor abroad? Please use this form: Request examination board external minor abroad.

Pay attention: there is always an approval required from the examination board to be allowed to commence a minor. For an approved minor on the list it is also necessary to submit the Request examination board external minor in The Netherlands, outside ISMB form " and the Request examination board external minor abroad form.

Download the list of minors which have been already allowed or denied by the examination board. The list will be subject to changes.

In order to be allowed to commence a minor you have to meet the following requirements:

  • You must have completed the foundation year and;
  • You must have obtained at least 40 credits during the main phase.

If you do not meet these requirements by the time the registration starts, you still can sign in through SIS. The examination board will check your requirements in SIS at the start of your minor. If you still do not meet the requirements at the start of the minor, you will not be allowed to commence a minor.

Minor obtained

After obtaining the minor you have to come by the secretariat of the examination board (room A2.70) with the:

Hereafter your grade will be entered into SIS.

Do you have a disability? You can contact the student counsellor of the School of Sports and Nutrition for advice. She can offer you appropriate information, guidance and explain which facilities are available to students with a disability.

See also in A-Z: studying with a disability

A request for an exemption needs to be handed in through the request exemption form. The complete procedure is set out in the request.

When are you exempted?

  • You have passed interim examinations and examinations elsewhere at Bachelor’s or university education level which in terms of content, scope and level correspond to the module or work placement for which you are seeking an exemption.
  • You have gained relevant knowledge, skills or work experience at Bachelor’s/university education level. Check with your degree programme what the possibilities are for having this work experience count as an exemption.

Questions about an examination board decision?

Do you have questions about an examination board decision? Please contact the chairwoman of the exam board of Sport Studies first. If you still disagree afterwards, you may logde an appeal.

Do you disagree with an examination board decision?

You may lodge an appeal with the Examination Appeals Board (COBEX) if you do not agree with a decision made by the Examination Board or by an examiner or examiners. Appealing against a decision may be done at COBEX via the digital service point: Objections, Appeals and Complaints Office.

Members examination board

  • Gaby Dijkstra - chairwoman
  • Michel Jonker
  • Peter van Paassen
  • Thijs Mensink- external member

Published by  Faculty Sports and Nutrition 10 September 2021