Applied Quantum Computing Summer School
Develop hands on skills and learn about the potential of Quantum Computing. Includes guest speakers and visits to leading research hubs.
3-14 July 2023
Quantum Computing is making incredible progress in both hardware and software. Although fault-tolerant, full-scale quantum computing is not expected in the next five to ten years, companies must get ready for a technology that will be embedded in many advanced fields. Quantum computers' potential use as a security threat also makes quantum security an urgent and growing topic.
The Applied Quantum Computing summer course offers several perspectives on quantum computing. Students will receive an introduction to understanding and developing applications for this far-sighted and rapidly developing topic.
The course includes a one-day excursion to leading innovation hubs Quantum Delft, Nikhef, QuSoft and The Quantum Experience Amsterdam.
Who should join?
Students fascinated by new and emerging technologies.
- Basic Programming skills
- Interest in mathematics
During this course, you will learn:
- How to implement a basic quantum algorithm and understand its behaviour
- How to use a platform specific for a quantum computing environment to implement a basic application
- About the international race to engineer a quantum computer
- About the quantum computing ecosystem in the Netherlands, Europe and globally
- To discern between reality and hype around quantum computing
- Presentations by AUAS staff and external speakers
- Quantum computing workshops where you learn hands-on skills
- International project teams of 3 to 5 students
- Team progress reports and presentations
- Visits to scientific and commercial quantum computing organisations.
- Workshops with exercises
- Presentations by students
Bernardo Villalba Frias
You'll be sent information on how to pay after registration.
Participants are responsible for their own accommodation. Amsterdam gets very busy in the summer and affordable accommodation is scarce. We therefore recommend that you organise accommodation as soon as possible.
To apply, please register on the Students Come & Go platform.
- Choose HBO-ICT (Short programmes)
- Click 'Register'
- Confirm your password via the email sent to you
- Create a profile
- Select 'No I am not an exchange student'
- Click 'Enrol' (top left corner)
- Select 'Applied Quantum Computing'
- Under choose, click on the '+' on the right
- Choose 'Submit my enrolment'
Marlies Nijenhuis and Janet Hofstra
- Please contact us for more information on the content of the exchange programmes.
- firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in new window)