Support that suits you
If you have a disability, we will invite you for a Soft Landing interview before the start of your studies. During the interview, a student counsellor will talk through the arrangements, facilities and guidance you may need. The interview is confidential and will not affect your admission or any selection. If you'd like information before the interview, please contact our student counsellor.
The AUAS has all kinds of facilities for you to remove possible barriers, for example:
- keyboards with large letters and reading software (Claroread)
- stimulation-free rest areas to retreat to
- extra time for your exams
- students with the same disability who help you on your way (peer coaches)
- dictation software (AVA)
- counselling (in groups or individually) by student counsellors, doctors or psychologists
- training for studying with ADHD
Contact with others
You can also join Limitless, a platform for (and run by) students with a disability. At Limitless you can connect with others, attend workshops and social events, receive support and work together to make the AUAS more accessible. Most services at the moment are offered in Dutch. but if you don't speak Dutch please do send us an email.