Logo Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences - link to home page


You may need an entry visa or residence permit when coming to study in the Netherlands. On this page you can find out what might apply to you.

Bachelor's or Master's students

Find out whether you need a residence permit while studying for a Bachelor's or Master's programme.

Check the requirements

Exchange students coming from abroad

Find out what permits you might need when you come to the Netherlands as an exchange student from abroad.

Check the requirements

Transferring from another Dutch university

Here you can find out what immigration steps you need to take when transferring from another Dutch university to AUAS as an international student.

Check the requirements

Requirements for Residence permit for study purposes

If you hold a non-EU or non-EEA nationality and do not have a residence permit for the Netherlands, you will usually need an entry visa and a residence permit for study purposes.

Check all the requirements