First of all, please check that you need a residence permit to study in the Netherlands by visiting our immigration page. If you do, you will be expected to cover the following costs:
When applying for a residence permit you must pay:
- A fee to Dutch Immigration Service. This fee is set at €215.
- Your first year of tuition fees in full*.
- A (refundable) Proof of financial means payment (or proof of scholarship if that applies).
These costs also apply if you are extending your residence permit.
* This does not apply to exchange students.
Costs for students who transfer to AUAS
If you are transferring to AUAS from a Dutch university:
- You do not need to pay a fee to the Dutch Immigration Service.
- You need to pay the tuition fee for the first year at AUAS in full. From the second year onwards you can pay in installments. Please use the tuition fee calculator(opens in new window) to see the correct tuition fee for your study.
- You need to provide a (refundable) proof of financial means payment.
IMPORTANT: please note that you must cover all additional fees that the banks may charge for international bank transfers yourself.