1. Original documents
We will start the intake procedure once you have completed the application form on this website and we have received a scan of the following original documents:
- a comprehensive motivation letter explaining why you have chosen to do the Language and Preparatory Programme, what your prior education is, which degree programme you have chosen and why;
- your original secondary school diploma + translation (if applicable);
- your original secondary school list of marks + translation (if applicable);
- your university or higher education degree certificate + translation (if applicable);
- certificates for any Dutch courses you have taken previously (if applicable);
- the original UAF contract (if applicable);
- confirmation of your DUO loan (if applicable).
- (if relevant:) ISK (International Transition Class) students: recommendation letter from ISK mentor + results overview.
Please ensure you have gathered and scanned all of these documents before submitting the application form. If any of the documents are missing, your application will not be processed.
If you are a refugee and did not take any diplomas with you, please provide additional information about your prior education on the application form, using the template below.
|Type of education||Number of years|
2. Degree certificate
Before we start the intake procedure, we evaluate whether your prior education matches the level required to be admitted to the Language and Preparatory Programme. This means that your degree certificate from a foreign country must be equivalent to at least senior secondary vocational education level 4/senior general secondary education level 5.
3. Intake test
Once we have received all of your documents and your credential evaluation shows you are eligible, you will be invited to sit an intake test. The results of the intake test will determine whether you have the language skills required to start on the desired entry date. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the intake test scores, nor will the intake test papers be made available for inspection.
For more information about language skills levels, please look under Tracks and starting dates on the landing page of the Language and Preparatory Programme.
Exemption for Dutch B2- intake test
You do not need to sit the intake test if you have passed two components of the NT2-II state examination.
4. Intake interview
If you pass the intake test, you will be invited to an intake interview. This interview will take approximately 30 minutes. Over the course of the interview, we will ask you a number of questions about such topics as your prior education, your motivation for applying for the Language and Preparatory Programme, your study choice, etc. When you receive the invitation for the intake interview, you will also be given information about how to prepare.
There are four options for paying for the Language and Preparatory Programme.
1. A direct debit mandate: If you are paying your own fees, you sign a direct debit mandate. With the direct debit mandate you give permission to collect the course fee from your account, this can be done in installments. The installment amount is debited from your account every 24th of the month.
2. DUO loan for integrators: If you have applied for a DUO loan for integrators, we will receive your DUO approval before the start of the course. If we have not received proof of your DUO loan for integrators before the start of the course, you can only participate if you have signed an a direct debit mandate. If you do receive a DUO loan for integrators later in the process, you can start paying for the lessons from your DUO loan from the next quarter*. It is not possible to pay for the lessons already taken from your DUO loan for integrators.
*example: if you start on August 31 and you receive a DUO loan in September, you can pay the course fee from your DUO loan from November (1st quarter).
|4th quarter 2021||from 31 aug 2021 - 6 nov 2021|
|1st quarter 2022||from 9 nov 2021 - 29 jan 2022|
|2nd quarter 2022||from 1 feb 2022 - 2 april 2022|
|3rd quarter 2022||from 5 apr 2022 - 25 jun 2022|
3. UAF: If you are registered with the UAF Foundation for Refugee Students, we will receive confirmation that the UAF will pay the course fees. The operational management office will then contact the UAF for payment.
4. Municipality: If you are registered with the Municipality, we will receive confirmation that the Municipality will pay the course fees. The operational management office will then contact the Municipality for payment.