Logo Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences - link to home page

AMSIB - International Business Fast-Track

Admission requirements

To be admitted to International Business Fast-Track you must have completed secondary education equivalent to the Dutch VWO, and have strong written and verbal English communication skills.

There are different admission requirements for students with Dutch and non-Dutch diplomas. All students are expected to have good written and verbal skills in English.

Dutch diplomas: admission requirements

All profiles for VWO and profiles for HAVO with a minimum average grade of 8, with the addition of one of the 5 subjects: Mathematics A or B or Economics or M&O or Business Economics are accepted.

Students are expected to have good written and verbal skills in English.

Non-Dutch diplomas: admission requirements

We require evidence that you have passed the standardised examinations for university entrance of your nation of origin. These include but are not limited to:

  • International Baccalaureate Diploma
  • Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife
  • General Certificate of Secondary Education in 3 subjects (A to C or 9 to 4) + General Certificate of Education with 3 relevant academic (and some vocational) subjects at advanced level (A to C) in 6 different subjects, including mathematics and English.

To get an indication about the comparison of your educational system to the Dutch system you can go to the Nuffic website(opens in new window). Additional requirements may be applicable.

Non-native English speakers need to provide an English language certificate that is valid until at least September 2024. The following certificates are accepted:

  • IELTS Academic minimum scores required: total score of 6.0, with subscores not lower than 6.0
  • TOEFL iBT minimum scores required: total score of 80, with subscores not lower than 20, or paperbased 550
  • TOEIC minimum scores required: LR670+SW290
  • Cambridge minimum scores required: First (FCE) Grade B (173-175) / First (FCE) Grade C (169-172)
  • OR if your prior education degree was obtained in the European Union, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America and taught completely in English, this can be considered and assessed as your proof of English proficiency.

Looking to enrol directly in the main phase?

Have you been enrolled in this programme or a similar one, at the AUAS or elsewhere, at a Bachelor level and do you therefore wish to enrol in a later year of the programme? This page will tell you which steps you must take to begin in the main phase.

1. Enrolment request via Studielink

This works as follows: you enrol via Studielink(opens in new window) and indicate that you would like to begin your study in the main phase of the programme. Within a few working days, the Central Student Administration will inform you whether your request has been granted or denied, or let you know that you must submit a request to the programme.

2. Assessment by the programme

If it is necessary for the programme to assess your admission, you should immediately submit a request, which should include:

  • a certified list of marks;
  • a propaedeutic transcript.

What is a certified list of marks?

A certified list of marks bears a stamp, signature and date from an authorised employee of the educational institution at which you earned the results in question. A printed copy of your study results is not sufficient.

What is a propaedeutic transcript?

A propaedeutic transcript is a certificate issued by the examination board at your current degree programme.

When will I receive a decision?

You will need to take a processing time of four to six weeks into account. This means that you may not yet have received a decision regarding your admission at the start of the academic year.

Provisional decision – definitive decision based on diploma

Important: the programme will take a provisional decision based on the certified list of marks and your propaedeutic transcript. The definitive decision will then be finalised based on your diploma or first-year certificate. You must submit a copy of your diploma or first-year certificate before 1 October. Only students in possession of a diploma dated prior to 1 September will be admitted to the degree programme.

I want to request an exemption. Is that possible?

The letter containing the examination board’s decision regarding your admission will include further information on requesting exemptions as well.

How can I enrol?
Applying as an EU or international student
What are the expenses?
Credential evaluation
Study check
How about housing?