Besides gaining academic knowledge, studying at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences will give you practical training during your studies.
The additional competences you will acquire through on-the-job learning are often sought by businesses and organisations, boosting your appeal as an international job market candidate.
80% of AMSIB alumni find a job within three months after graduation. AMSIB maintains strong links with industry to support students when entering the job market. They are spread across the globe, advancing their careers in positions of management and leadership.
Your future business card could say:
- Business Development Manager at Shell, Belgium
- International Product Manager at Cinemotion, Bulgaria
- Import and Export Assistant at Philips, France
- International Marketing Assistant at Deutsche Bank, USA
- Export Manager at Bosch, Denmark
- International Marketing Manager at Mercedes, Dubai
- International Marketing Researcher at Deloitte, Netherlands
- International Publicity Agent at United Nations, USA and Rwanda
Be inspired by AMSIB alumni stories(opens in new window)
Gaining relevant team experiences, as well as start-up experiences were two key takeaways for me, which I later utilised when starting my own company.
Olmo van Beurden
Take for example AMSIB alumni Jan van der Burgt (Head of Product / Co-Founder) and Wiebe Helder (CEO / Co-Founder) at Cargobase(opens in new window). The two entrepreneurs started the online platform Cargobase at General Motors to cut costs on premium freight shipments.
Another AMSIB alumni is Olmo van Beurden(opens in new window) who's entrepreneurial drive got him to co-found the business SurfaWhile, a company that would offer surf holiday packages online. Olmo specialized in sales activities and maintaining relationships with external parties.
Meanwhile AMSIB alumni Anja Reimann(opens in new window) went to Asia and worked as CEO of a German-Korean joint venture in Seoul.
I'm convinced that my studies gave me a fantastic basis for starting my career with Asia.