Logo Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences - link to home page

Working after graduation

If you plan to work in the Netherlands after graduation, the possibilities depend on your nationality.

Student from a non-EU/EEA country?

Knowledge and talent is welcome in the Netherlands! Therefore the Dutch government created a “zoekjaar” or orientation year for international students who have completed their studies. This orientation year provides the possibility to stay in the Netherlands for a period up to twelve months to find a job as a highly skilled migrant. You need to apply directly with the Dutch Immigration Service and AUAS cannot do this on your behalf.

Career in Holland: orientation year visa

For more information about the orientation year, visit this page on Working after your studies(opens in new window).  For the application form see the Dutch Immigration website(opens in new window).

Student from an EU/EEA country?

If you are a student from an EU/EEA country and you consider staying in the Netherlands after graduation, you may register at the Dutch Immigration Service. If you decide to live in the Netherlands for more than five years, you will be able to apply for permanent residency for EU citizens. Please go to the Dutch Immigration website(opens in new window) for more information.