Logo Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences - link to home page

Proof of financial means for living expenses (extensions only)

The Dutch Government sets financial requirements for those wishing to extend their residence permit for study purposes. In order to comply you must submit a proof of financial means.

What is the Proof of financial means for living expenses?

The Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) requires that you have sufficient financial means to cover your stay in the Netherlands. The required minimum amount set by the IND is €1.225 a month. This means that students who come to AUAS need to show that they have sufficient financial resources. Please note that this payment is refundable but please keep in mind that you need to demonstrate this requirement every academic year (only applicable for students studying more than one year).

How to provide your proof of financial means for living expenses for the extension procedure?

If the requirements are not met we can not accept the proof of financial means for living expenses. 

Use a bank account overview or solvability/solvency statement from your Dutch bank account 

  • Send us an overview of your Dutch bank account with at least €1.225 X number of months that you want to extend your residence permit.
  • We also need a confirmation that you have paid your tuition fee in full or show us proof that you will have enough financial means to cover the remaining tuition fee instalments as long as you want to extend your residence permit (up to 12 months). Please mind that you cannot pay your tuition fee from your proof of financial means. These are two separate financial requirements. If you cannot fulfil these financial requirements, we cannot extend your residence permit.
Check example solvability statement Dutch bank account
(opens in new window)

Option 2: Transfer full amount to AUAS and receive a refund 

The first option is to transfer the required amount directly into our bank account. You will receive a refund of the amount in the first month of your study programme.
If you choose this option, please take note of the following and write in the reference:

  • AUAS VVR + your full name (last name, first name) + your date of birth (dd-mm-yyyy)”
  • This is the only way we can locate your payment(s).
  • Make sure that you indicate that you will pay for all the international transaction costs. If you fail to do so you need to transfer the remaining amount separately!
  • Must mention a contact person and a signature;
Check refund policy