If you've arranged accommodation through AUAS, most rental contracts will start on Wednesday 31 January 2024. From this day on, you can collect your key and move in. Some housing partners will send you a time you can pick up your key at your new address. Others give you a pick up location nearby.
Check with your housing provider for their arrangements:
- De Key(opens in new window)
- DUWO(opens in new window)
- StuNest- Spartaan(opens in new window)
- Student Experience(opens in new window)
- OurCampus Diemen(opens in new window)
- The Social Hub Amsterdam West(opens in new window)
Things to be aware of:
- You must collect your room key in person. This cannot be done by someone else.
- Some housing providers do no longer hand out keys, but offer keyless rooms (access by an app on your mobile phone). Your housing provider will inform you about this if this is the case for your room. Check-in at a keyless room is possible from 3pm on 31 January 2024.
- Announce your arrival date and time at your housing provider (links above).
- Changed travel plans or delays? Inform your housing provider (links above).
- Key pick up is possible during specific hours. You might need to stay in a hostel or hotel at your own expenses if you arrive outside of these hours (at night or during the weekend).
- Most buildings offer Resident Assistants or an active (online) community. Check with the housing provider for details.
- Familiarise yourself with official rules for waste collection in the Netherlands. Check this waste guide(opens in new window) made by students.