Logo Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences - link to home page

Doing an internship while studying

If you would like to do an internship and are from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland, the following regulations apply.

Internship agreement

If you are studying at AUAS and want to do an internship as part of your study programme, you do not need a work permit. Instead, you need to sign an internship agreement with AUAS and your internship employer.

Example of a standard internship agreement
(opens in new window)

Health insurance

You might need a specific health insurance type. This depends on the amount of money you receive from your internship. If you fail to take out correct health insurance you might receive a high fine.

Check our page about health insurance

More information

This handy tool tells you the permits you need based on your situation. 

Go to Student Immigration tool
(opens in new window)