Master Digital Driven Business
The full admission requirements
To be eligible for the Master's programme Digital Driven Business, prospective students should:
- hold a Bachelor’s degree in one of the three next ‘domains’, (which we call your primary domain):
- Business Studies (e.g., Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Information Systems, Economics, Business Administration (Bedrijfskunde));
- Data Science, Informatics, Mathematics, ICT or
- Technology (i.e. Engineering, Logistics).
- have affinity with at least one of the two other domains (which we call the secondary domain). For example: students with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Economics with a minor Digital Marketing Analytics, or Data Science, or students with a bachelor in the Technology domain with a minor Entrepreneurship or Marketing for non-marketeers.
- have a work experience of no more than four years after obtaining an appropriate bachelor's degree. Digital Driven Business is a follow-on Master's degree programme (Dutch: doorstroommaster), which means it is a master's programme you preferably start with directly after obtaining your bachelor's degree.
- be proficient in English (understanding, writing, and speaking) at C1 level(opens in new window). This may be demonstrated by presenting a test result. Please note that some candidates may be exempt from this requirement (see below).
The programme is taught entirely in English and that is why a standardized level of English is required.
Students who join the programme come from all over the world and their knowledge of English usually varies. That is why we ask for English test score reports, to give students a common basic understanding of English and set them up for success.
This will benefit students in two ways. First of all academically; it helps them read study materials, write exams and write your master's project. Second, it will help them socialize with teachers and students, both inside and outside the university.
The following language proficiency tests are automatically accepted:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with an overall band score of at least 90 AND a minimum score of 21 for each section.
- IELTS (academic version) with an overall score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- University of Cambridge, either the University of Cambridge 'Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)', or the University of Cambridge 'Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)', with grades A-C.
In addition to the above-mentioned certificates, the admission committee may consider other proofs and certifications (e.g. university exams, other tests, etc.) on a case-by-case basis. Please ask the admission committee for further information.
- It may take as long as 6 weeks after taking an IELTS/TOEFL language test for the test centre to issue the results.
- If the results are not yet available at the time the application package for the Master's programme in Digital Driven Business submitted, candidates may supply the registration details of the test. You must submit your test report to us before starting the programme in September. The admission committee will check the results when they are published on the IELTS or TOEFL website. Students can send us a scan of the official certificate result.
- The language test results must not be more than 2 years old at the start of your study.
Exemptions from English language tests
The following students are exempted from submitting one of the above-mentioned language tests:
- Students holding an Algemeen Secundair Onderwijs (ASO) diploma from a Belgian pre-university education level.
- Students who have followed their previous education (high school and/or higher education) with English as the sole language of instruction in the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK and USA.
- Students who have taken the International Baccalaureate or the European Baccalaureate entirely in the English language.