Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences


Do you want to know if you need a residence permit? Or do you want more information about immigration matters? Welcome to the AUAS Immigration Affairs page!

You can find specific information by selecting your situation below. International students can also check the online application Pathfinder for more information.


In order to inform you in the best possible way we divided the information in four categories. Please choose the situation applicable to you and click on it for more information. 

In order to be eligible to study at AUAS with a residence permit for study purposes you need to have been accepted (provisionally) to a fulltime study programme.

I am an incoming exchange student

I want to do a bachelor or master degree at the AUAS

I want to transfer from another Dutch university to the AUAS 


The Dutch government has created a tool called Pathfinder. This tool will provide general information about studying in the Netherlands in a personalised way. You can find information about the immigration procedure and other important topics such as insurance and student finance. Please click on the link below to access Pathfinder.

Published by  Student Affairs 9 January 2020